Friday, March 1, 2013

Speaking Out...

It feels good to finally be able to vocalize (for lack of better terms) what I have been feeling.  Sometimes I feel alone in my own emotional turmoil, and no one around who can truly relate to what I'm dealing with.  There is only so much I can express to my family, without feeling guilty for burdening them with my problems.  So, this blog has become my virtual diary, and has really begun to help with my healing.  

Miscarriage and infertility seem to be a taboo topic in this fertile minded world.  We may get a moment of people's pity, but the pregnant women get the lasting recognition from the world.  I don't want to hear "I'm sorry; I guess it just wasn't meant to be." Please don't tell me "It will happen;" "Let go, and Let God;" "It just isn't your time, yet."  I know all of that, but it doesn't make life any easier.  It doesn't make seeing everyone else's pregnancies less painful.  It just makes me frustrated at time passing, and my patience wear even thinner.

I know there are a lot of women out there like me, and I wish we were more vocal.  I want to hear success stories after infertility or loss.  I want to know that there is still hope for me, and for all of us that wish to be mothers.  I WANT TO KNOW THAT I AM NOT ALONE!

Please feel free to comment below.  It's a healing feeling to know that I have others around that can truly empathize with me.  If you have a loss you want to talk about, post it.  If you you have infertility issues, join me.  If you have been trying to conceive, but are still waiting - share it.  If you have dealt with similar situations yet still ended up with a precious little one, PLEASE share your success... give some hope.  

Let's not keep infertility and miscarriage hidden any longer.  It is lonely being in the shadows.  We have a right to share our feelings, just as all the moms share their news.  Maybe if we talk about our losses more, others wouldn't have to hurt so much when they go through similar situations.  SPEAK OUT!




2 comments:

  1. I know you may feel alone, but you are not. My DH and I struggled three plus years with IF and had two miscarriages before we were blessed with our son (who was our fourth IUI cycle). I wish that IF and loss weren't such taboo subjects, where people feel they can't talk about their experiences. Thinking of you!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, Liz. It really does help to hear about success after IF and loss. So glad to know that you got your miracle baby! And thanks for reading my blog, it truly means a lot.

      Delete