Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Lucky Ju-ju...

 I accidentally deleted my post last night...my bad.  So, I am having to rewrite it, and will be breaking it into two parts instead.  And... take two!

Sorry it has been so long between posts, but the hubs and I have been on a whirlwind trip all over Florida.  We have every intention of moving back to our home state as soon as possible, and went down to look for a house.  We also had some great stops along the way, and got to see my family that I haven't seen in a long time.

Definitely not a good pic of me, but you get the point.
We all have our little good luck charms; our ju-jus. My husband, Vin, and I have been house shopping in Florida this week, and we made a little detour to Orlando to rub on some fertility statues.  I know it sounds funny, and it probably won't help a wink; but we decided that it couldn't hurt to stop by and pay our respects.  

As a matter of fact, my mother touched a fertility statue not long before I was conceived.  On top of that, my best friend (a.k.a my sister) happened to brush against this very statue almost exactly 12 years ago.  Bada-bing... My godson just turned 11 in January.  Bring on the good luck ju-ju.

It's great of Ripley's Orlando to have these statues out in the front lobby.  They honestly believe that they work so well that they leave them readily available to those who will make a pilgramage to Orlando just to see these guys.  If you need a little ju-ju; and happen to be heading towards Orlando, Florida; then it might not hurt to give these guys a little touch.  And since they are in the front lobby, it's free! Oh, and don't forget to have your man rub on the statues as well!  I will definitely let you know if the statue works.

We were only with the statues for a few minutes (hope it was enough), but we were on a time crunch.  We had house shopping to attend to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment