Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Who knew?

I admit it, the baby itch got me at a younger age than most.  I was sixteen, just diagnosed with endometriosis, and I had been told that I would probably have fertility problems.  Of course, when someone tells you that you can't have something... It becomes the thing you want most.  

Having a baby wasn't my only focus in life.  I wanted to go to college, travel through Europe, write a novel, buy a house without the white picket fence, and have a non-miserable career.  It's just that I wanted motherhood more, but knew that I was too young to go after that.  I knew that I needed to finish my schooling, get married, etc.  Well, I graduated high school, started college, and married my high school sweetheart.  I was ready to begin trying for a baby!.. but he wasn't yet.  

Let's skip quickly forward over the next several years... The high school sweetheart became military husband, we moved around enough, he went on a few deployment, and through it all we did try to get pregnant on and off.  We even went to see fertility doctors.  Depot Lupron on, and Depot Lupron off... which left me without ovulation!  So Clomid on, and Clomid off.  

TEN YEARS TOGETHER... STILL NO BABY.

We ended up miserable, growing in separate directions, and happier when we were apart.  He remarried six weeks after our divorce was final, and was a father less than a year later (from what I hear).  So for his getting my happy ending, I will (from this point further) refer to him as "Neanderthal." 

Luckily I had met a man that the Neanderthal could never compare to, in my eyes.  He was my friend, and he would eventually become my better half - my husband.  He is everything I am not, all I wish I could be, and the perfect yin to my yang.  He infuriates me, while at the same time mesmerizing me.  We quickly fell in love.... and that begins the bittersweet story of my life.  

WHO KNEW HAPPILY EVER AFTER COULD BE SO HARD TO ACHIEVE?

No comments:

Post a Comment